Monday, May 11, 2015

How To Avoid Blogger Burnout



 You've been doing this blogging thing for a lot of months or years I assume. If so, you've probably had a case of blogger burnout. You know what I'm talking about...that certain point in time where you've had writer's block or you just plain old feel uninspired. It happens to the best of us especially when you've been at it for a while.

I myself have suffered from it a few times in the past month, and it was a small portion of the reasons why I chose to blog with a new purpose. Blogging should be something that makes you feel inspired, energized and happy. If you feel like you're forced to do it, then you probably are burned out and need to take a break.

As I stated in my Blogging With A New Purpose post, I heard a really amazing podcast by Jen Carrington talking about how to make money with your blog without relying on traffic and it really hit home with me. The key is, your blog should be something that is creative without bogging yourself down. Below are some of my tips for avoiding blogger burnout.

1. Take A Break!


Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't suggest taking a break from your blog, but blogger burnout is different. If you're churning out content without a purpose or intent then your wasting other peoples' (and your) time. One sure sign that you have blogger burnout, is if you feel like you HAVE to produce content. You should feel like you WANT to not HAVE to.

2. Connect!


Get together with some of your fellow bloggers and bounce ideas off of each other. Sometimes it takes an outside perspective to reinvigorate you. I love bouncing ideas off of my brother because he's a web designer and doesn't blog, so he has a fresh and new take on things.

3. Use A Guest Poster!


If your afraid of not publishing consistent content, then a guest poster is great because you'll still receive a steady stream of content, but also get a break so that you can refocus on new ideas. There are plenty of resources to find a guest poster. You could make a post on Facebook or Twitter asking someone if they would like to guest post or you could try Elance.

These are the few tips that I've found to be helpful when I want to avoid blogger burnout. There are other resources that I'll leave below if you want to check them out! Thanks for reading and don't forget to enter my giveaway by 1:30 p.m. est today to win a free copy of Living With Intent by Mallika Chopra.

For More Tips On Avoiding Blogger Burnout.......


15 Ways To Avoid Blogger Burnout

7 Ways To Stay Inspired And Avoid Bloggers Burn Out

3 Keys To Getting And Staying Inspired

13 Ideas To Inspire Your Blog Content

Don't Know What To Blog About ?

23 comments:

  1. Emma Waller (Emmajane01)May 11, 2015 at 3:43 AM

    Great advice! Please check out my blog http://emmajane01.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/lets-get-juicy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice. I just took a blog break and had guest posts for a week and it was great for me AND my readers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great blogging advice! I experienced major burnout when I was blogging every day so I made a three posts a week schedule for myself and it's working out great! Not as much burnout and it helps me come up with better content that isn't forced! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great topic. I haven't even been blogging for long and I occasionally suffer from burnout. But, once I find a topic then it's easier for me. And it's more easier when I develop a series! It's all laid out for me and I just have to write it out. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with taking breaks every now and then. I've done it and its definitely helped with my writers block. Having guest post(s) is always great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth HughesMay 11, 2015 at 7:39 AM

    Even as a new blogger this post is pretty relevant. I haven't had burnout yet, but your first point really hit home with me. I haven't really decided on an intent yet or a direction I want to go. I have a very broad focus so a lot of the times what I'm writing and posting doesn't necessarily have much meat to it. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yayyyy love this. It's so true. Sometimes I just need to step back and remember why I started this, for me! And to make me feel good/a place to vent and share. Blogger burnout is serious! It comes and goes with ever blogger I think.
    My problem is too many ideas no time to get them on the blog :(:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such good advice! I think writing a few emergency posts that will cover you for blog burnout is key a well when you don't just want to abandon your blog for a short period of time completely (yet need to remove yourself from it. You can just schedule those posts and schedule social media shout-outs then go on a min-blog vacation. I've found this tactic to be quite helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking about finding a few guest posters soon as we head into summer. I have a TON on my plate right now and I"m worried about burnout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas! Everyone goes through this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dana Brillante-PellerMay 11, 2015 at 10:36 AM

    Every blogger reaches a point where they need to take a breather - I totally agree with you! Great ideas to get out of the rut...I really need to get some guest bloggers on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all hit this point eventually - it's like the blogger elephant in the room, sometimes. My life is starting to get wildly busy, and I definitely think I'm going to lean on some guest bloggers. Thanks for this great post - just what I needed right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea! I just started blogging around 5 months ago and can totally relate! I think the guest blogger idea is great! Hope to use that one day as well! http://asthespeeritmovesyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes yes yes to all of this! Blogging burnout is inevitable for most of us, and it hits me every few months. The last burnout I had really made me reevaluate this whole blogging thing, and I think it's really helped me not burn out so quickly again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really helpful tips! I've had this a few times so I'll be following these tips if it happens again! :)
    Serena / www.ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are some really helpful tips. I haven't had blogger burnout myself (yet) but I think you have some really good advice. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the tip! I'm still kind of new and feel a little discouraged, but these tips are bound to help!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the tips. I feel this is coming on. I need to sit back and remember why I started

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blogger burnout is one of those precarious things I always worry about, this post is a good reminder that it's much better to step away for a breather for you and your reader.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great advice!! I'm considering talking a break for one week each quarter to regroup, brainstorm, do non-post updates to my blog and then come back fresh. Part of that terrifies to not post anything for a week, but when I had the flu back in March, I did that unexpectedly and when I came back, my traffic started climbing and has continued since then! So, maybe there's something in that (that and I could use a break, lol). Great post, Channing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Abundant JourneysMay 12, 2015 at 7:51 AM

    Taking a break is very important. I stopped allowing guest posting on my blog a few years ago. Maybe I should re-visit the idea now that I met all of you lovely ladies around the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was feeling a bit uninspired last month and wasn't posting like I was before. I always say it's important to know your reason why you began blogging. My "why" is what put me back into the zone. I really like these tips as well and next time I'll give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great tips. A break always works.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Recent

Random