Monday, June 29, 2015

I Tried Out A Weight Loss Product...

http://www.brandbacker.com/bob_cl_tk.js//

I Tried Out A Weight Loss Product I Echanning

 

So.... as you've probably read by now, I'm going on vacation in a week, and I did what any sensible person would do to get ready for bikini season. I waited till the last possible moment to get ready for it.

If you've been following my blog since about February of this year, you've probably read about me saying that I wanted to start the year off eating healthy after a realization that, hey, what you eat does have an effect on your body (besides appearance). For the most part, since I've made that realization, everything has been going well except every other weekend I was giving myself cheat days.

Now, this would be fine for anyone else, but for someone like me who easily gets off track after a cheat day, it's best that I just don't have cheat days. Fast forward to now and I'm crunched for time trying to get bikini ready before my vacation.

Eating healthy gives me more energy, improves my skin (at least I feel like it does) and helps my mood. One thing it doesn't do unfortunately is help me lose weight. It doesn't make me gain weight, but it doesn't help me lose it either which is why I have to diet along with eating healthy. Wait, but aren't they the same thing? No, not necessarily.

Many health experts say that while a healthy lifestyle is better for you, it doesn't always help you lose weight because many healthy foods such as nuts and avocados, for example, are high in fats. Hence why I haven't been having a lot of success in the weight loss department.

The tricky thing for me though, is that my family has a history of under active thyroids aka hypothyroidism. I haven't been officially diagnosed as having it, but I do have my suspicions. My body type isn't overweight, but it's not stick thin either. I like most people, have a little bit of weight that I want to lose but can't seem to, no matter how hard I try. Anyway, before I decide to go the medication route, I thought I would give the old weight loss product route a try.

This product is called Slim Quick and it's a weight loss shake that is meant to be drunk with a meal twice a day. As you probably have already guessed, it comes in a powder form and you can mix it with water or milk which then should go along with a morning or afternoon meal.

Slim Quick

The shake comes in two "flavors", chocolate and vanilla. For this to truly be effective, you have to take it in conjunction with a diet and exercise plan. Taking this product with a regular meal and not a diet will not cancel out the calories that you would gain from eating a regular meal.

I have to say that after trying it, I've definitely lost a lot more than I did with just exercising and dieting alone. So in that respect it does work very well. There are two downsides to it though, which aren't THAT bad, but still they are things I think Slim Quick could do to improve their product. One is the flavor. I received the vanilla version and while it didn't taste terrible, it didn't taste as "vanilla-y" as I would've liked. It was also a tiny bit chalky in consistency, but again it wasn't too bad so it was still worth it.

The second thing is that I ran out of the product in about a week & a half. I did exactly as the directions suggested and used one scoop of the powder with half a cup of water and I ran out of the product before two weeks which is how long I was going to give myself to start seeing results. Well, since it ran out before then, I wasn't able to do that and I also wasn't able to take a before and after picture because there wasn't enough difference to show in such a short amount of time.

A part from those two things, I would say that this is still a good product. It definitely met my expectation in the weight loss department which is really what the whole point of taking it was, right?

Diet Food Collage

What I ate on the first day.......

Breakfast: Yogurt with agave nectar, vanilla almond granola and apple slices (with Slim Quick as drink).

Lunch: Vegetable stir fry ( white rice, red & yellow peppers, water chestnuts, corn, sugar snap peas and mushrooms .....w/ Slim Quick as drink).

Dinner: Tuna fish and wheat crackers with a side of broccoli. ( No Slim Quick for this meal)

As you can see above, you are only supposed to drink Slim Quick with two meals a day. Also for exercise, I did a 30 minute walk around my neighborhood. Like I said before, when it comes to helping you lost weight, this product definitely delivers. I also like the fact that you don't have to substitute a meal with this drink because I know I would fail at that. Will I buy this product? Probably.

Final Verdict : B+


Question of the day: What steps do you take to get bikini ready?


***This is a sponsored post. I received this product in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. ***

11 comments:

  1. I am just as bad with cheat days. I get one and well that's the end of that diet. I hope you're more successful than me though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that it works. Weird that you drink it with a meal instead of as a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fitness enthusiast. I run and lift weights. These days it is more lifting weights as I prepare for my first figure competition. I eat 5-6 times a day to keep my metabolism going. Eating the right balance of protein, fats and carbs are something that I had to learn how to do to really drop the pounds I've lost in the past year. I'm still learning, but I am definitely on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to diet and eat healthy, so I've been doing some protein shakes too. I use them instead of a meal, so I'm not sure how it would work if I still ate a meal too. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh...diet...I do not really diet. I try to eat healthy, but like you said, "I do not loose weight from it". I exercise a good amount and I have tried the paleo LIFESTYLE I am not currently on paleo plan but I do integrate paleo recipes into our menu. I like it but when I first got into it, It made me crazy...I was hungry all the time...I LOVE food. I rather workout than go on a diet. But kudos to you, you are pretty girl and I am happy that you are taking care of your health. Good luck and I hope you have a GREAT vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Trisha, I've still struggling with the cheat days but I am improving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, it's not a meal replacement, it's more of a supplement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I wish I had your motivation Shalama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I could only drink a shake as a meal, I would be so hungry after lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and me both Jess! Huge food lover here! Thanks for your kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the same trouble as you. I'm healthy but not stick thin so I'm always trying to lose the last 5-10 at crunch time.


    I drink water like a crazy person, run a lot and eat well but the weight sticks around. I find the most effective thing for me is cutting out booze and wheat. When all you have is rice, veggies and meat, you see faster results. That said it's not a permanent lifestyle option for me (i love my carbs!)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Recent

Random