Monday, June 1, 2015

Yogurt CookBook Review + Recipe


Your probably super shocked that I'm doing ANOTHER cookbook review. This is my 4th cookbook review in the last couple of months but I just can't help myself. If there's a new cookbook out there, chances are I'll review it.

This new cookbook by Janet Fletcher is called Yogurt and you guessed it, it's all about yogurt. But it's not your typical breakfast yogurt. This cookbook explains each way you can use yogurt to enhance and add flavor to any recipe. Of course there's the typical breakfast yogurt recipes featured, but there's also many other categories including; appetizers & salads, soups, mostly meats, vegetables & grains, desserts, and beverages. There's even a recipe to make your own yogurt.



Yogurt has so many benefits besides adding flavor to a dish. Yogurt contains active cultures that aid in gastrointestinal problems and probiotics that boost your immune system. Since yogurt comes from milk, it also contains calcium and vitamin d which can help with preventing osteoporosis. Yogurt helps you feel fuller, quicker. I could go on and on  about the many benefits. In a nutshell, it's pretty great!

After flipping through each recipe, I've found some that I really like that I want to share with you including one recipe that I tried myself. Here they are:

Roasted Tomato Bruschetta W/ Yogurt Cheese




Bruschetta is so delicious and simple to make, all you need is a thick slice of your favorite bread, an oven, and your favorite toppings.

Alsatian Pizza W/ Onions & Pancetta (Tarte Flambee) 



Grilled Zucchini W/ Yogurt Sauce, Feta, Lemon & Dill






This is the recipe I attempted and it may not exactly look like the picture in the book, but I think I did a really good job anyway.


The recipe is below if you want to try it out yourself. Thanks for reading!

Question of the day: How do you typically eat yogurt?




Grilled Zucchini W/ Yogurt Sauce, Feta, Lemon & Dill


Recipe Type: Vegetable

Author: Janet Fletcher


Ingredients


  • 3/4 cup plain yogurt

  • 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely minced

  • kosher or sea salt

  • 6 small zucchini (about 1 1/4 pounds), halved lengthwise

  • Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing

  • 3 ounces feta cheese (about 3/4 cup), chilled

  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill

  • Grated zest of 1 small lemon

  • Medium- hot coarsely ground red pepper such as Aleppo or Maras pepper or hot paprika



Instructions



  1. Prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.

  2. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, garlic, and salt to taste.

  3. Spread the yogurt sauce on a serving platter large enough to hold all the zucchini in one layer.

  4. Brush the zucchini on both sides with olive oil and season all over with salt.

  5. Place cut side down on the grill and cook until nicely browned, and then turn and finish cooking on the skin side until they are tender, about 10 minutes total.

  6. Transfer the zucchini to the platter, placing them on the yogurt sauce cut side up.

  7. Finely crumble the feta over the zucchini. ( This is easier to do if the feta is cold)

  8. Combine the dill and lemon zest and scatter over the zucchini, and then sprinkle generously with red pepper.

  9. Serve immediately.






***This is a sponsored post. I received a copy of this cookbook in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.***

7 comments:

  1. Oo la la so many recipes. I shall try 'em all. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never cooked with yogurt. Lol I'm so picky when it comes to food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosevine CottegeJune 1, 2015 at 11:05 AM

    Oh MY! That bread and pizza looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janella PanchamsinghJune 1, 2015 at 11:39 AM

    Geez I didn't realize yogurt could be used as much as I have seen here! its a great substitute now that I can recall for many dishes I make. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like some great yogurt recipes in that cookbook. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha, I am so with you on the cookbook-reviewing! (And...yay for the yogurt cookbook! :P ) I think you did an amazing job on recreating the recipe! (And thank goodness tha I didn't choose the same one! ;P )

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cookbook looks amazing and I totally wouldn't have thought to check it out since it's "just" for yogurt! The pizza and the zucchini you tried look AMAZING! I'm definitely going to have to check this out :). Thanks for the awesome review!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Recent

Random