Monday, July 13, 2015

My Favorite Skin Care Products (For Combination Skin)

I've really been wanting to do this post for a while, one reason being that I wanted to help out other people with the same issues and the other reason being that I don't see THAT many blog posts on combination skin. For all you other skin types out there who don't know, combination skin is when you have both oily and dry skin. How is that possible you ask? Easy, certain parts of your skin can get really dry and certain parts get really oily.

I've dealt with this issue ever since good old adolescence hit and will probably continue to deal with it for the rest of my life. #struggle. It is what it is, but there are things that greatly help with the struggle. I have a bevy of products I use to combat both issues but I only use certain ones at certain times. Let's start with my morning skin care routine.





As you can see in the picture above, these are the three products I use in the morning.



1. Garnier Balancing Daily Exfoliator - I love this product not only because it's for combination skin and oil free but also because of the very pleasant grapefruit and pomegranate scent. Trust me, it's a very nice smell to wake up too. It comes in a gel like consistency with tiny little beads and it doesn't take much product to cover your face when washing and it leaves a very nice smooth and fresh feeling to your face when your done. One thing I have to say about this product though is I only use it 2-3 times a week alternating it with this next product.

2. Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub - Unlike the one above, this one is creamy and thick in consistency and rough in texture. It also had beads, but they are much more noticeable to the touch. That's perfect though, because since this is for blackheads mostly you want it to sort of be harsh so it gets deep down in your pores to pull out those black heads. Again, another oil free product which I LOVE! I alternate this one every 2-3 times a week with the exfoliator because it's such a harsh scrub that you don't want to use it everyday. Give your skin some TLC in between.

3. Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer - This last product is my holy grail product because it does wonders for combination and ESPECIALLY sensitive skin. I got this on recommendation a few years back from a dermatologist and it has been my go to ever since. It's non-comedogenic, non-irritating, and fragrance free. Oh and did I mention there's the added bonus of SPF 50!! What I like to do with this product is dab a little on my nose and chin (my super dry areas) and I'm good to go! One last thing to mention about this product is that I apply it 30 minutes to an hour before putting on makeup so that it has time to dry.



Now for my nighttime routine.



Fun fact or depending on who you ask (me), not so fun fact, I have mild acne. As long as I wash my face regularly and keep my acne regime up, you wouldn't even know it because it's very treatable. But even one slip up in that routine and woof. lol. Of course the products above are pretty much my only skin care items that I use at night because they kill, yes kill, those horrible pimples. If you haven't heard of Proactiv by now then, sorry, but you've been living under a rock. I'm sure the majority of you know how it works and if not it's super simple to use that it really doesn't take explanation. Of course my kit came with the standard 3 step system, but since I had stopped using Proactiv for a little while and then started back up again, they kindly included in my new kit a few little extras.

 These extras are the green tea moisturizer, deep cleansing wash, and refining mask. They all came in a sample size and that sort of makes me sad because their the best ones out of everything and I want them for free. Waa! I hate to betray my beloved cetaphil but the green tea moisturizer is the bee knees. The other two products are pretty awesome too. I guess if I run out of the green tea as a night moisturizer, I'll have to substitute with the cetaphil which isn't too bad of an option I must say. Ok, so I've gotten to the point of this post where I'm rambling so I will end it with this.

What is your Day/Night Skin Care Routine?

10 comments:

  1. Wow you use a ton of different products. Right now I'm obsessed with Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser, but that Garnier might be next on my list to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Cetaphil. Couldn't live without it! Thanks for sharing Channing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Clean & Clear products. I'm not a fan of the Proactive though. Didn't work well with my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cetaphil is a great product. It's one of the few that I've found don't irritate my sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many awesome products! I love that blackhead cleanser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what sucks about having so many different skin issues :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I think Proactiv is pretty touch and go with a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Recent

Random