Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Treat Yo Self!

That's what I tell myself whenever I've had a bad day or I'm feeling down, or I just deserve one because I'm winning at this life thing. I try to stay on the healthy side of eating throughout most of the year, but like a lot of people, I do have my weaknesses and those are sweets. Whenever I walk past a beautifully decorated donut or smell the wonderful baking smell wafting from my locally bakery, my willpower just goes out the window. Sweets make me happy, so why not indulge myself every now and then.

So what is all this sweet talk about? Well, if you follow along with my blog then you know I'm constantly posting cookbook reviews, which is what this post is about. As you've probably guessed, this book is called Treat and it's by Stephanie Banyas whose been a business assistant to Bobby Flay since 1996. What I love about this book is that the recipes are so easy to make that you don't even need fancy equipment and some of the recipes don't even require an oven. Heck yes!



Not only do the recipes look super delicious and mouth watering, but every time you turn a page in this book, each picture is so beautiful. Even the acknowledgments page is gorgeous (I'll be providing a picture of it below).

Ok, so, now that I've explained to you everything you want or need to know about this book, let's get into my favorite part of any blog post, THE PICTURES! There's an assortment of each of my favorite pages from the book. Enjoy!






I mean, look at this page. It's just a title page but it already has me salivating and I haven't even gotten to the recipes yet!





Seriously! Look at this acknowledgements page! We're not even at close to the recipes yet!



My second  favorite chapter in this book is all about Marshmallows.


I've always wanted to make my own marshmallows and what better way to foray into this unknown territory than with Vanilla marshmallows.



As you probably know if you've been reading my blog for a while, I have a 6 yr old papillon who I love very dearly and that's what I love about this particular dessert. I just wish there was a pet friendly version of this.



How delicious does this Raspberry Cheesecake look?!?!



Possibly my favorite section out of this whole book! This chapter has everything from gingerbread treats to vanilla birthday cake treats.


I really love doing cookbook reviews because not only are the pictures pretty to look at, but I also get to test out all the delicious recipes. Honestly, I wouldn't do these reviews unless I truly loved doing them. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of them as I do!

On a side note, I really want you guys to be able to get to know me better and I want to get to know you, so in the coming weeks, I'm going to be showing you more inside looks at my life and I'm going to be sharing more personal information about myself that way everything is laid bare and you can feel a connection to me and I you. I can't wait to hear more about you! As always, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post!

Do you love sweet treats as much as me? Which look the best to you? Tell me below!


**This is a sponsored post. I was given this book by blogging for books in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.**

14 comments:

  1. As someone else who lives by the Parks and Rec mantra of "Treat Yourself," I too believe that we all deserve a little sweet treat every now and then. Or often. While I don't have too much of a sweet tooth, I can definitely appreciate a good dessert from time to time. These pictures made me so hungry! My personal favorites would be those rice krispy treats - mainly because I live in Seoul, Korea and those are pretty much nonexistent here! I think I'm going to make them this weekend... if I can find marshmallows. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky @Disney in your DaySeptember 9, 2015 at 9:53 AM

    Yum! I enjoy sweets often - ice cream treats are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe, I definitely have a sweet tooth, and was considering getting this one, but another one was calling my name a taddd bit more! :P It still hasn't come in the mail yet though. :[


    Marshmallows are pretty fun to make! (Way more tedious if you don't happen to own a mixer though. :x I got a good forearm workout from it! :P )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I treat myself quite often. Yesterday I made homemade snickerdoodles. I can't help it, I like making cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! They all look so tasty. I too am a total sucker for sweets, and I know that this is not normal but I love candy corn and got my hands on some the other day =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow... my mouth is watering! The marshmallow page was so beautiful! I think I'm going to need to swing by my local bakery on the way home and pick up some macarons... which is how I treat myself ;)


    xxox
    Laura @ www.cookwineandthinker.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I didn't have a little treat every now and then I would go crazy lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Snickerdoodles sound amazing right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Speaking of mixers I think I might be getting one soon! My forearm got a pretty good workout hehe XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH yes it totally is normal!! I love candy corn! Even more so now that it's almost Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. No oven? That sounds great (and maybe even too good to be true)! I love all the pictures, and she definitely has a great eye for color and shape! I'm a very visual person, especially when it comes to recipes, so this would be perfect for me!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a visual person too. It sort of does sound too good to be true haha. But each page really is so beautiful! Thanks for commenting Angelina! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Recent

Random