Monday, October 19, 2015

Fall Is Officially Here!!

Well, okay, maybe it's already been here for a while now, but as far as I'm concerned, it's not officially fall until I break out the cozy socks, sweaters and pumpkins. I live in the south and it pretty much stays hot here all the way up until late November or December. Every now and then, like this past weekend, we have a cold front move in and it makes everything really start to feel like fall.

When I woke up Saturday morning and felt that nip in the air, I started freaking out, not in a bad way, but in a I'm about to burst because I'm so excited kind of way. I immediately lit all my pumpkin spice candles, put on some comfy leggings and socks, and turned on some hocus pocus. I just realized that October is almost halfway over and I haven't watched hocus pocus once. That is so uncharacteristic of me! Last year, I was the first one to watch it on October 1st.

I know, I know..... I'm such a dork when it comes to holidays, but come on....they only come around once a year so just lets just enjoy it while we can! In all honesty, this post isn't about really anything in particular, I was just so excited about the season and decided to blog about it. lol. Here are some mix matched pics I took of fall "things". Hope you enjoy!





This is my living room. I know I said a while back that I was going to do a new home tour, but I'm still not through with "renovations" and decorating so I'm only going to show you my halloween decor. As you can probably tell by the picture, I have two framed quotes because they really spoke to me and it was just a little something that's nice to look at every so often. The bigger frame says "Home is where the heart is," and I really love that saying because it's so true to who I am and what I feel.

The second frame says " go confidently in the direction of your dreams," and I love this because it's a great reminder to never give up on my dreams and always strive to reach my goals in life. Both candles I have burning are pumpkin spice scented candles and I can't for the life of me remember the brand of candle they are. Sorry. The candlestick actually belongs on my coffee table, but I moved it because I was afraid it would get knocked over by one of my rambunctious pets. I think the glitter pumpkin speaks for itself, haha.





When I said I immediately put on my comfy socks and blanket before, I wasn't kidding as you can tell by the picture above. The "blanket" is actually a scarf but it's so big and heavy that I could use it as a blanket. If you want to pick one up, I got it from mod cloth and if I'm not mistaken there are still some in stock.

The tree, I got from Bed, Bath and Beyond and I really love it because it looks really nice at night when you light some candles and turn off all the lights.



Eventually I decided to get off my butt and go for a drive to take in the fall sights and went on a little drive through our "mountains". I tried to find as many colorful trees and leaves as I could, but they were really sparse that day.



I stopped on a mountain overlook of our small town and tried to get some autumn shots, but as I said before, the colors were sparse this day, but pretty nonetheless.



Lastly, I took a photo of the sun starting to set on a beautiful reddish tree. I just love the crisp, cool feel of fall weather and I'm so excited for the upcoming holidays!

How about you? What are you most excited about recently? Tell me below!

15 comments:

  1. You have beautiful decorations! I'm a summer girl and don't like the winter, but fall is so pretty. And fall is when my first baby was born and today, she became an adult. I love autumn for that reason. Autumn brought me a beautiful girl and winter brought me my handsome boy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decorations. I look forward to fall so much, and just put up my decorations yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my favorite season & October is my favorite month!! I love all your decorations and a bit jealous your tree leaves change colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a dork when it comes to celebrating the holidays too! I just love your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky @Disney in your DayOctober 19, 2015 at 9:58 AM

    It was in the 30's yesterday so it felt like we skipped fall and went right to winter! I would like a little time in the 50's please before I start freezing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was 28 degrees this morning and my car completely frosted over, so I walked to the hospital instead. :'( I miss warm weather already!! I've definitely already broken out the fuzzy socks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh that is cold!! We haven't gotten that cold yet, but I know it's coming

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, Omg sorry your car frosted! Fuzzy socks are THE best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Chelsea! So glad it's that time of year :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Marissa!! I want to see what your decorations look like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too Jessica!! Thanks!! The colors aren't as great as they were last year..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Melanie!! I'm an Autumn baby myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love fall and I'm happy we finally have some fall weather. Although we wake up to 20-30 degrees weather. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh fall!! Its not very cold down here in florida yet but its definitely a little cooler and I LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for fall!!!!! I love the season and I'm glad you're finally able to experience some fall-ness.

    ReplyDelete

Recent

>recentposts

Random

>randomposts