Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Homemade Kitchen (A Cookbook Review)

Hey Guys!  It's been Awhile!

Especially where cookbooks are concerned. I think you know where I'm heading with this...... Yes, that's right, it's time for another cookbook review!

If you've been following my blog for a while, you know that I'm kind of, maybe, obsessed with cookbooks. I love cooking and even more, I love eating! My newest cookbook is by Alana Chernila and it's called The Homemade Kitchen. In this book, Alana teaches you how to cook an egg six different ways, how to cook vegetables, how to turn fruit into jam and so on and so forth.


So many of these recipes are favorites of mine that it would be really hard for me to choose just one. However, looking at some of these recipes makes me think I might need to be a more advanced cook in the kitchen to make them.

I was so impressed by Alana's diverse and detailed recipes and I can't wait to try all of them out myself! Not to mention the pictures are gorgeous!

As per usual, I'm going to share some photos of my favorite recipes in the book and just some extra ones that I thought we're pretty! I hope you enjoy!

 Roasted Red Pepper Corn Chowder



This is what I was talking about before when I said that there were chapters for just about everything. Love!


Tagliatelle W/ Fresh Tomatoes & Balsamic Vinegar



Winter Squash

 How fitting is this now that it's officially Autumn?

Tell me......what's your favorite food? I'm interested to know! Tell me in the comments below!! Thanks so much for reading!!



*** This is a sponsored post. I received this book from blogging for books in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. ***

11 comments:

  1. Natalie @ AFitPhilosophy.comOctober 1, 2015 at 6:52 AM

    Oh that ginger pumpkin pie has me intrigued! Honestly, one of my favorite foods is pumpkin! I know its a bit cliche right now, but I can't help my obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia @craftoflaughterOctober 1, 2015 at 8:17 AM

    What a beautiful cookbook! If the recipes are half as good as the photo's, it will be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cookbook is really gorgeous. I love having cookbooks around the house, and this one looks really informative. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!! I like cookbooks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Augh! So jealous! <3 I have her first book, and reallyyy need to get my hands on this one too! *-* It's gorgeous, and the recipes look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine too Natalie! Fall doesn't last for very long,so why not get into the spirit haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here! I don't know why I'm so obsessed w/ them haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, so I just realized I could actually sign into disqus and that I had an actual account with settings and stuff (I'm a bit slow on the uptake)...

    So her first book is called "The Homemade Pantry: 101 Foods You Can Stop Buying and Start Making!" :D

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Recent

Random