Thursday, December 3, 2015

3 Foundations: Which One Is Best?

Finding a good foundation is like finding that "perfect" pair of jeans. It's almost impossible and can take years upon years to find one that fits you best. This is the problem I have with foundations. Each one individually has a certain set of qualities that make it good but not necessarily great.

When I find one I like, I usually stick to it. I have tried many different foundations but only a few have made my list of top foundations and I'm gonna try and do the impossible in this post; I'm gonna try it pick out a favorite out of the three. Bear with me here, as this will be difficult because all three of these foundations are really great.




Tarte Amazonian Clay


This first one I bought for the first time a couple of years ago and I fell in love with it. I love the coverage it provides and it lasts for at least 8 hours.

It does start to fade until around the 9 hour mark, so it doesn't fully live up to it's 12 hour promise, but if you ask me, 8 hours is long enough. I also like the fact that they offer a wide variety of shades, so picking the right color isn't too difficult.

The one downside to this foundation is that it can be a little "cakey" at times, so if your looking for something natural looking, then you don't need to try this foundation. However, if you do have major skin issues and want better coverage, then this is the foundation for you!


Too Faced- Born This Way


I bought this foundation a few months ago after having asked the girl at the Ulta counter what type of foundation she used because her makeup looked flawless!

The first time I tried it, I was very happily surprised at how great it made my skin look. This was the first foundation I tried that provided full coverage, but wasn't "cakey". It goes on very thin and is build-able enough so that you can have as much coverage without looking like you have too much on. It's also great for dry skin because it gives that dewy skin look.

The only downside to this foundation is that they don't offer enough different shades, which makes it harder to find a shade that matches. I have very pale skin in the winter, and I went with the lightest shade they have (Porcelain) and it was still too dark. If they could find a solution to this problem, I would love it so much!


Nars Sheer Glow


Lastly, I recently purchased this foundation after going back and forth trying out the samples. I really liked the sample and decided to take the plunge and buy it.

Ok, so I know a ton of people love Sheer Glow and swear by it, but for me personally I'm not too impressed. Let me start off with the positive.

The shade I purchased (Siberia) matched my skin PERFECTLY which almost never happens, so I was so excited about that. However, I wasn't too happy about the coverage. Not only did it make my dry skin look even drier, but it was very spotty.

I'm also not excited about the packaging, but that's probably because I'm impartial to foundations with pumps.

All in all, I would say that if you want minimal coverage and don't have dry skin, this is perfect for you. If not, steer clear.


Final Verdict?


If I could combine all three foundations, I would have the perfect foundation, but obviously I can't so I can't choose a best one. I think they are all great in certain ways and I will probably suggest using them on separate occasions. I hope you found this review helpful and leave me a comment below telling me what your favorite foundation is and why, because I might want to try it out. Thanks for reading!


5 comments:

  1. Christine Mudryk MartinDecember 3, 2015 at 5:22 AM

    Foundations are so hard I find. I need a good waterproof one cause after three babies, I find I sweat a lot on my face (gross!). So that's my mission now is to find a GOOD waterproof one that will STAY on all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard really good things about the Born This Way foundation. I really love MAC Studio Fix foundation. I find that it gives me the right amount of coverage that I like. I go back and forth between foundations as well. I'm very picky. I am using my Mary Kay foundation currently and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate having to buy foundation- especially if whatever brand/color I have been using is out! Lately I've been using the Maskcara palette and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I feel the same way most times lol I wish I could combine a few :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried any of these! I may need to add one to my list!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Recent

Random