Sunday, May 21, 2017

More Drugstore Beauty Finds

Hey guys!

Long time no talk! I feel like I haven't written a blog post in like 10 years lol. But really, it has been a while. As you might or might not have known I've been going to College for the past year, which is really exciting and challenging but also makes me sad because I haven't really had the time to work on my blog. Thankfully,  I have the next couple of months off of school, so I'm going to be posting a lot more on here now. Yay!

If you come to my blog any, you probably can tell that one of my favorite places to get makeup is the drugstore. I love it because it's cheap and you can find a lot of great dupes for higher end makeup. I've gotten ahold of some really goods one that I'm going to tell you about today as well as a couple that were bought from other places and as always I will link where you can get those down below.

Without further ado, let get on with the post!


First product up is the Carli Bybel Eyeshadow Palette w/ BH Cosmetics.

I had seen this palette on social for awhile now and I've been hearing the hype, so when I was in Ulta the other day and say it on display, I knew I had to grab it and try it out for myself. This palette has a combination of 10 eyeshadows and 4 Highlighters.

Pros: 

I love how the shades because they have a nice mix neutrals, cranberry colors as well as having a mix of matte and shimmer shades. My favorite thing about this palette though has to be the highlights! They are UH-MAZING!!!! They really steal the show in this palette. 

Cons:

The shadows don't blend as seamlessly as I would want them and it takes much more product to really get that pigment to me through which ends up giving you too much fallout. 

You can grab this palette for yourself at your nearest Ulta for about $14.50

The next product I got was this Loreal Infallible Paints Liquid Eyeliner in the color Wild Green. Loreal has been expanding their Infallible line to now include lip paints, a blush palette and now eyeliners which is great in my opinion because I loved their foundation that they came out with and anything that is as close to their foundations get an A+ in my book. 

Pros:

I love how long this lasts and how quickly it dries. 

Cons:

This is a felt tip eyeliner so if you find those hard to work with, then you might not like this one. The only other thing I would say is that I wish the green was more vibrant because I feel like the color fades to a black the longer it stays on.

This is where you can find out more about it : Infallible Paints Eyeliner

I'm such a fan of anything NYX because they have really great products at really affordable prices. These next two obviously didn't disappoint. The Lingerie lippies are matte and beautiful.

Pros:

Very nice color and long lasting. Lace detail is actually my perfect nude. I Love it SOOO much! These are also very comfortable on the lips as well.

Cons:

Honestly, I really couldn't find any. lol.

You can pick it up here
Next up, Maybelline's new Unstoppable eyeliner. This eyeliner has a rounded tip and seems to be a gel form. I got the color Onyx. 

Pros:

This is a gel form type pencil so the application is great for beginners and makes it foolproof. 

Cons:

The color is very faint and wears off within hours. I also prefer a pointy tip to a rounded one but thats more to do with preference rather than design problem.

You can pick it up here.
This next product is a FAVE of mine!!!!! It's the Makeup Revolution Unicorn Love Palette!!! This is such a pretty palette and the names are so fun too!

Pros:

These shades are very vibrant and unique. I haven't seen a whole lot of other makeup palettes that has some of the colors in this palette. There's a total of 16 shades and they are a mix of mattes and shimmers. The formula of the shades is super creamy and they blend like a DREAM!!

Cons: 

Honestly, I couldn't find anything wrong with this palette either. 

You can pick it up here or at Ulta. 
Again, another Makeup Revolution Palette and this one is called Death by Chocolate. This palette is another FAVE of mine because it's just as good as the Unicorn love palette. It has just as many shades as that palette as well. Instead of writing a pros and cons for this one, I will just refer you to the Unicorn Love portion. 
This mascara is a little gem I found when shopping at the dollar store the other day and it only cost me $3! THREE DOLLARS PEOPLE!!! Its from the brand L.A. Colors.

Pros:

This color lives up to its name extreme black. This mascara really does volumizes the lashes too. 

Cons:

Doesn't really lengthen the lashes but it doesn't claim to so its not that big of a deal. The only other issue is that it transfers to the bottom lashes after a while.

You can pick it up here
I haven't used a powder in a while because I thought it contributed to making my skin oily. I decided to give powder another chance again and went with this one from Wet N Wild called mattifying powder in the color matte about you.

Pros:

Really good for on the go and great at temporary maintaining oil free makeup.

Cons:

Might make skin more oily (jury is still out on this) and not much product in the pan.

You can get it here
Who else remembers using great lash as your first mascara? (Raises hand) I definitely do and when I heard they were bringing back the cult fave royal blue, I knew I had to try it.

Pros:

Beautiful blue color and nice for everyday wear. 

Cons:

I'm not a huge fan of the wand and the color does wear away after a while. There is also a little bit on transfer on to the lid and bottom lashes.

You can get it here.

I saved the best for last. I know you've probably seen unicorn everything popping up everywhere and I'll admit it, I caught the bug lol. I saw that tarte had come out with their beautiful gold unicorn brushes and then I knew I had to find one that was more affordable and then I saw these brushes from FONY. They are just and pretty and good quality too. 

Pros:

The brushes are beautiful and the bristles are really soft. Great dupes for the tarte ones.

Cons:

There really aren't any that I can find. Sorry, lol.

You can get them here


I really hope you enjoyed my reviews because I really enjoyed writing them! It's really nice to finally get back into blogging!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about drugstore hauls! That Carly palette is one of my faves too and I agree NYX really hit it out of the park with that Lingerie lippie line! The only one that I didn't like was the darkest purple-y shade (I don't remember the color name!) but it feathers REALLY BADLY! However, they're products always get an A+ from me, so I'm willing to let that one slide! xoRach | http://www.rkcsouthern.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Recent

Random