Sunday, February 1, 2015

5 Great Reasons Dogs Make The Best Companions



There are a number of reasons why dogs make great companions. Some you might already know, but others might surprise you. I think it’s that time to talk about that special someone in my life. He plays a big part in my life and remains the number one guy in my life. Before you jump to conclusions, I’m talking about my dog.



My dog Cooper is a six-year-old Papillion that I got at a very difficult time in my life. I was going through some very difficult emotions and my mom thought it would be a good idea to get me a dog. When I first brought him home, I was a little nervous and so was he. He was shaking and his little butterfly ears were flopped over. He was just 9 weeks old and was adjusting to his new surroundings just as I was adjusting to having a little dog around.



The first few months training him were difficult, as every dog owner knows. The better he got though; the more I felt accomplished and our bond got stronger. After a few weeks, those ears perked right up and they’ve remained there ever since.



Cooper has brought a lot of joy to my life, but I’m not going to lie, there have been some trying times. Dogs require constant care just like a child. They have to be fed and taken out to the bathroom. If you plan to be away from your place for a long time, you need to get a sitter for your dog. These things can become stressful, But the good far outweighs the bad.


 The 5 Reasons Dog Make Great Companions:


(But also remember to trust your instincts. If you don’t feel ready for that much responsibility, then don’t take it on.)



  1. They bring unconditional love - whether you feel you deserve it or not, your dog is going to love you no matter what.

  2. They are loyal – In any book you read about dogs, they tell you that a dog’s main goal is to please you.

  3. They relieve stress – As contradictory as it may sound, dogs can also relieve stress. Say you’ve had a really bad day and you come home to that cute fluffy puppy dog face and he licks you and snuggles up next to you. Instant stress reliever.

  4. They teach you patience – While dogs can relieve stress, they can also be a source of stress. There is nothing more stressful than training a dog.

  5. They protect you – They alert you to any intruders in your home, and will put their lives in harms way to protect yours.





If you are considering getting a dog, just think about all the different aspects of it, and make sure you can handle the responsibilities that they bring. Do your research. Please leave a comment below telling me about any tips for training a dog or a little story about you and your pet. Thanks for reading! :)

12 comments:

  1. I want a dog so badly! I'm just waiting for a time where my life is more settled. I'm not home very often and a dog deserves a good caretaker. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Love it. Dogs are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha Marie DonaghyFebruary 2, 2015 at 1:51 PM

    I absolutely love my little fur babies. I think the best reason is that they relieve stress. Nothing better than some puppy cuddles when you're feeling stressed or down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww loved this post!! :) I miss my little one. My husband is allergic so my dog stayed with my mom. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know how that goes, but at least he still gets to see you. I'm glad you like this post and I hope to hear more from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, my dog always makes me feel better when I'm feeling down. Thanks for stopping by. Hope to hear more from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lou! They are the best. Thanks for the comment, hopefully I'll hear more from you in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Erica! Your right about that, I feel guilty whenever I leave my dog for just a little bit. They definitely need a lot of care and attention. Thanks for reading and commenting, and I hope to hear more from you in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They definitely teach me more about virtues than anything else ever could! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dogs really do give unconditional love. When everything else goes wrong in your world and you feel like you have no one, they'll always be there to love you. I miss my dog in Australia so much. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dogs are life. :) Thanks for stopping by and I hope to hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. :( I'm sorry, hopefully you get to see him soon! Have a great day and thanks for reading and commenting. Hopefully I'll hear more from you in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Recent

Random