Fried Chicken: Recipes For The Crispy, Crunchy, Comfort-Food Classic ByRebecca Lang

Guess what time it is?!?!? That's right, I'm doing another cookbook review. You didn't think I was done with that did you? haha. Today, I'm going to be talking about a book I received a few weeks ago called Fried Chicken by Rebecca Lang. Of course, as the title suggests, this is a book about fried chicken.

Fried Chicken By Rebecca Lang

I've been meaning to do this review when I first received it a few weeks back, but as you probably know (if you follow my posts), I've been in the middle of moving lately, so my blog had sort of fallen to the wayside for a little while. However, I am doing it now, so better late than never right?

Growing up in the south, as I did, you kind of get used to eating certain types of foods. I can't speak for all southerners, but the common consensus is the greasier the better. Biscuits, gravy, grits, sausage, and yes fried chicken. I'm not your "typical" southerner. I like chicken just as much as the next person, but it's not my favorite. My absolute favorite food is Italian. I could eat it all day everyday for the rest of my life if someone asked me to. But when it comes to chicken I like it only on certain occasions. To be honest, I've never made fried chicken before in my life.

That's what I love about this book. Rebecca makes it super easy to learn and there are a wide variety of recipes than just your typical fried chicken. I read through and found some of my favorites and want to share them with you.

Cornmeal - Crusted Chicken W White Barbecue Sauce

Fried Chicken Cookbook 8

 

Sage & Apple-Brined Fried Chicken

 

Fried Chicken Cookbook 1

 

Creole Chicken And Buttermilk Waffles

 

Fried Chicken Cookbook 2

 

Chicken-Fried Chicken W Purple Hull Relish

 

Fried Chicken Cookbook 3

Beer-Battered Chicken Sandwich

 

Fried Chicken Cookbook 4

 

Mexican Lime Fried Chicken Tacos

 

Fried Chicken Cookbook 5

Korean-Style Fried Chicken W Gochujang Sauce

 

Fried Chicken Cookbook 6

I haven't had the chance to try any of these yet, but I'm planning on making at least one this weekend! Thanks so much for reading my review and I hope you enjoyed it.

Have you ever made fried chicken before? Which is your favorite recipe? Tell me below!


***This is a sponsored post. I received this book from blogging for books in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.***

Share:

10 comments

  1. These look delicious! xx

    http://brightdreamerz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, my mouth is watering. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fried Chicken and make it quite regularly. I find the key to a perfectly fried chicken is your lard. Great lard gives you the best coloring and even cooking for your chicken. Good luck and I hope you post your fried chicken success next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I considered getting this one, but I am an absolute fail when it comes to frying things (...)--all those recipes look absolutely delicious though! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynthia @craftoflaughterAugust 24, 2015 at 7:59 AM

    I miss southern fried chicken! Thanks for the collection of recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fried chicken! The cornmeal coated one sounds fab, I am gluten intolerant, so I want to try it! Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE fried chicken! These are all yummy options!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is making me so hungry! Fried chicken is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I am REALLY hungry!!! Going to pick this up at the bookstore today! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete