Wednesday, August 5, 2015

NYX Favorites (Review)

Wow, this is really difficult to "write". If you follow my blog week to week you might have noticed a short absence from me. As I said in previous posts, I've been in the middle of moving and I've finally moved into my new place, but now I have a huge hurdle to overcome in the way of unpacking. I don't know which I like less....packing or unpacking. Both of which are two necessary evils for me right now.

Why did I say this was difficult to write? Because even though I've been absent from my blog for only 4 or 5 days, it's a huge adjustment to get back into the swing of things when you're so used to posting regularly and then you stop. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty to say, I just am having a hard time pulling those thoughts from my brain and onto text.

Regardless of my current absence, part of this post is me promising that I'm going to get back to normality with my blog which means consistent posts for you. I truly appreciate those of you who have remained unwaveringly loyal readers and you won't be sorry.  Starting this Friday and next week, I will be back to my 3 days a week schedule. If I can manage to get my new place in order and things unpacked, I'm thinking of doing a home tour if you're interested.

Any who, now that all of that is out of the way, let's get to the actual post for today. As you can tell by the title, this post is all about my favorite NYX products.









Ok, so I've been using NYX now for almost and year and it has to be one of my favorite cosmetic products on the market. I know I'm a little late in joining the NYX bandwagon, but better late than never right? I try to review products that I don't see a lot of reviews on and these three products are perfect for that.

Let's start with these two little gems. The Pore Filler and the HD Photogenic Concealer.

First things first, Let's talk about the awesomeness that is NYX's Pore Filler. What's so great about this product is that it does exactly what it says it's supposed to do. I like to wear this product as a sort of primer for my makeup but you can use it on it's own. I've tried a lot of primer's and this one has been by far the best primer I've found and makes my makeup looks UH-MAZING! The only thing I would change about it, is adding more product to the tubes because you can run out of it pretty quickly. I recommend this product to any and everyone.


Second is the HD concealer. Now, I do like this product, but it's not per say, the best concealer out there. So why is it my favorite? Mostly because it has the perfect pale shade which, if you're someone who has pale skin, you know how hard it is to find products that somewhat match your skin tone or even something lighter than your skin tone. Such a real struggle. I can tan with the best of them, but I prefer not to because I don't want my skin to turn into leather. If I do tan, it's usually via self tanner. If you want to pick this one up yourself, I got this in the color CW10.





I saved the best for last!! Hands down, my favorite product of all the NYX products is the Matte Finish Spray. Similar to the Mac Fix +, this setting spray sets your makeup for a long lasting makeup wear. If your face gets really shiny like mine, then you will love this spray because it gets rid of shine and helps your makeup look flawless. This is my holy grail product and swear by it! Seriously, if you haven't tried it yet, what are you waiting on?

Thanks for reading my reviews and I hope I've helped some of you who were maybe on the fence about some of these products!

What is your favorite NYX product? Do you like NYX? Tell me below!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE nyx as well. Especially that setting spray! It's bomb. I bought a different kind from Ulta when I ran out of my nyx last time and I'm definitely missing it big time. The new Intense Butter Glosses are awesome too! I have literally about 7 colors out of like the 12 they offer. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to remember to pick up that concealer next time I'm at Ulta. I love their setting spray. I got the dewy version but I want to grab the matte one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their products never disappoint! I need to try that concealer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love NYX! Haven't tried the pore filler yet but obviously now I have to ;)


    Xo,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try the pore fillers. I haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love NYX, but I haven't tried any of these yet! The pore filler sounds amazing so I will definitely be giving it a try. I love the above and beyond full coverage concealer from NYX. www.littlemissfangirly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the NYX concealer for undereyes, but have you tried Amazing Concealer? They have a ton of fair shades, but to be fair, it's quite a bit more expensive than the NYX one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried commenting a couple days ago on this post and my phone was being a hater, so here I am now! :P I love NYX! <3 Their eyeliners are my favorite, and I love that they're actually affordable! :]

    ReplyDelete

Recent

>recentposts

Random

>randomposts