Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Citrus: Sweet & Savory Sun-Kissed Recipes (A Cookbook Review)

I may not blog on a weekly basis anymore, but one thing you can be sure of is there will always be new cookbook reviews on Echanning. I received my current one on my doorstep a couple of days ago and I soon as I opened the box, I devoured each and every recipe on each and every page. As you can probably already tell by the title, these recipes are all citrus themed and while I don't think citrus is in season right now (I could be wrong), I still think there are plenty of delicious recipes that you could try out this fall and winter.



I don't think I've ever met a citrus-y food that I didn't like. Citrus desserts happen to be my favorite type of desserts. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE lemon merengue and key lime pie. Those are my Achilles' heels. So, you know when I opened to page 51 of this book and saw a recipe for key lime pie, I was jumping for joy!

What I especially love about this book, is that the ingredient list is small and the ingredients aren't that hard to find and you could actually pick up most of the ingredients at any of your local grocery stores.

I could try and describe all the recipes in detail to you, but I'm sure you would much rather see some of the recipes for yourself, right?

Below are some of my favorites. You also may notice as you look through my photos that I sort of picked favorites, the favorites being desserts over savory food. Hope you enjoy!!!




Ok so, I know this isn't a recipe but this photo of lemons was too beautiful not to add.


Burnt Sugar Meyer Lemon Tart







Valencia Orange Bread & Butter Pudding 


Turkish Yogurt Cake W/ Lime Syrup & Pistachios




Ok, so now that you've seen some of my favorites, tell me below what your favorite citrus foods are. If you want to know where you can purchase this cookbook, click this link.

As always, Thanks for reading!

***This is a sponsored post. I received this book from blogging for books in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.***

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these all look so good ! I love anything citrus- so cleansing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to get this cookbook! so lovely and yes, to citrus {esp. right now at almost 29 weeks pregnant!!} love it- so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the photos in the book look absolutely gorgeous though


    www.chloecake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these pictures look so real, so good. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! This looks like a really good cookbook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, totally with you on the cookbook reviews! I love and adore the collection I've been collecting! :D Citrus = winter fruits, so it's coming up soon! :] I adore citrus-y scents and foods, so this one would've been right up my alley! :O As per usual, I'm glad I get to live vicariously through your reviews! :P

    ReplyDelete

Recent

>recentposts

Random

>randomposts