Monday, February 13, 2017

New Drugstore Beauty Finds

Happy Valentine's Day Guys!

I'm finally coming back with a new beauty post and I couldn't be more excited. Anytime I'm in the drugstore or grocery store, I always have to make a stop at the beauty section to see what's new and what I want to try! I picked a few items recently that I had to share with you and since I've been using them for about a month now, I thought it would be the perfect time to share my thoughts on them.

Without further ado, here is my review:



You might notice a them between a lot of the products I got, but it's only because they're a brand that I love and usually trust. Maybelline, Nyx & Elf has done very good with formulating their new products and bringing out products that they know people really want. 

I'm a weirdo when it comes to organization and having everything looking perfect so I'll review these products as a groups according to their brand lol. First up:

Maybelline:


Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation:

I really have mixed feelings about this foundation. On the one hand, if it's applied with a beauty blender it does look pretty good, but it seems to separate on my skin the longer it sits there. By the end of the day, it looks so patchy. It's a good foundation if you wan't lighter coverage and only plan on wearing it for a short amount of time.



Maybelline Master Blush Color & Highlight Palette:

You guyssssss....... I freaking love this palette! I noticed it at the store the other day and thought I might try it but I wasn't expecting anything special from it. OMG!!! It exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be more happy that I purchased it!!! It comes with three highly pigmented blushes (my favorites tend to be the burgundy & peach colored blushes but the pale pink one is good too!). It also comes with a highlighter that is beyond outstanding.......gives true meaning to the phrase......but that highlight tho......!


Elf:


Elf Baked Highlighter:

Um....so I'm kind of sad to say this, but I was not impressed at all by this highlighter. I got it in the color moonlight pearls when I picked it up because it looked like such a pretty color, but the color payoff is just not there. I tried rubbing the pot really hard with my finger and still couldn't get the pigment to show up. So, so sad. In any case, if you still would like to try it out for yourself, I'll leave a link below. 



Elf Makeup Mist & Set

Unlike my previous review, this product was a new favorite of mine! I love the formula and how it truly does set my makeup in place after using it. The smell is also pleasant and not overbearing. This is definitely a good replacement for higher end makeup setting sprays. 


NYX


NYX Pump it up Lip Plumper (Scarlett):

I got this for christmas last year from my mom and obviously I love it. Its a really pretty bright fuchsia lip gloss if your going for a more understated lip. As far as the lip plumping properties, well as you could probably guess, it doesn't really make your lips bigger but you can feel a little bit of a tingly sensation when you put it on, so it had to be doing something lol.


NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss (Beige):

This next gloss is also from NYX and it's a really beautiful peachy nude gloss. Again it's also great if your going for an understated lip. Doesn't feel too sticky on the lips but I tend to favor more matte liquid lipsticks so that's just my view on it lol. 


NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams (Copenhagen & Cairo):

I freaking love these matte liquid lipsticks! These are so creamy and buttery and the pigment is amazing! Copenhagen is a beautiful berry toned lip cream and Cairo is a really pretty peachy nude color. I think i'm being a little bit obvious with my color themes lol. Highly recommend these to anyone who looking for a good lip cream and doesn't want an overly drying formula. 


Loreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss (314 Nude Allude):

I added this last lippie at the end because it didn't fit into any of the other categories lol. Ok, so here's the thing with this lippie, yes it's very creamy and buttery and highly pigmented which is what you want in a liquid lipstick, however, me, personally, I have a big issue with brands naming a product as matte but it has a shine to it. To me, matte has no shine whatsoever, point blank. Now, that my rant is over lol, I do want to conclude this by saying that it still is great for a liquid lipstick, its just not very matte.




Ok, so now that you've seen my new finds from the drugstore, and heard what I think about each one, I would love for you to tell me below if you've tried any of them and if so, did you like them?














11 comments:

  1. Good to know about the Maybelline foundation. I was looking at it (who doesn't want a double duty product), but I might pass this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's kind of one of those that might be ok to try , but not practical for all day wear. Thanks for Commenting Alexandra!

      Delete
  2. Great finds! I love elf products, but i rarely see them in my actual drug stores and have to buy them online. Good to know about that foundation too, I will probably pass. I have enough foundations as it is lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Elf but it's like you said....sometimes it can be hard to find. I had been looking for that highlighter for a while and it had been sold out, but when I finally got a hold of it and tried it......as you could see..... It really disappointed in it.

      Delete
  3. Awesome finds! Drugstore cosmetics can be so intimidating :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they can be Val! I always will try something out just because I'm curious but it's better when you can tell how well it works before you buy it. :)

      Delete
  4. Is the maybelline master blush and highlight new? I lovvvveee maybelline so there's a part of me that may want to buy this do a first impressions video on youtube.

    xoxo,
    http://befittingstyle.com/embellished-cardigan-blue-pants-nyfw/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Oyinkan! I'm not sure when it was released but it's new to me. I actually found out about it through that's heart youtube pinterest hack videos. Is your youtube the same as your blog? I want to check it out! :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried any of these products yet! But I have been wanting to try the NYX soft matte lip creams!
    My current fav drugstore product I've been using is Flower loose translucent setting powder! You can only get it at Walmart and it has some flashback with photos but I still love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yesss! You can fun such the greatest beauty products at the drugstore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Maya! You really can! I always love trying out new products from there!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Recent

Random