Sunday, July 23, 2017

New Drugstore Purchases

Hey Guys,
If you've followed my blog for a while now, then you'll know that I love drugstore beauty product because they are affordable and some are just as good as the higher end brands. So, whenever I'm perusing the beauty aisle in my local drugstore, I'm always on the lookout for some good new products. This haul includes some greats and not so greats.

A lot of drugstore brands have some great versions of higher end products but they save you a ton of money, so there's no sense in breaking the bank when it comes to beauty. Unless you have an endless supply of money, then by all means, have at it lol.

Elf Lip Exfoliator:

So if your anything like me, you probably wear matte liquid lipsticks a lot. Like, A LOT and it ends up leaving your lips feeling scaly and dry. This is why it's important to exfoliate and moisturize your lips. I had seen this lip scrub from ELF cosmetics and had been really anxious to try it, so I knew I had to have it for my next haul.

ELF has a few different varieties in this lip scrub but I went with the clear one. I remember when I first saw an influencer use this, it was hard to see the little granules on camera so I was a little skeptical as to whether or not it would actually do a good job at exfoliating, but when I got the up close take when I bought it, I realized that it really was a scrub with little granules packed into a lipstick tube.

This does a really good job at exfoliating and I tend to use it at night before bed and apply a lip balm right after to optimize the moisture. In all honestly you could make your own lip scrub but I'm too lazy to do that lol, and this is cheap enough that I think it's worth buying.

Loreal Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick:

So, a while back, I tried the Loreal Infallible pro matte lip gloss and was a little bit irked by it's description as matte, but then I saw this in the store the other day and I was like, oookkkaayyyy.

So you probably can't tell the this swatch but this is actually the first matte lip product from Loreal that is actually matte. It's a really pretty light plum color and it's actually matte! The only downside to this product is that it takes a really long time to dry down and when it does it is a super drying formula so if you don't like dry formulas then this isn't the lip product for you.

You can't really tell how matte it is in the picture because it takes a really long time to dry down and I just couldn't wait on it lol.

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse:

I've seen this many many times in the drugstore and I've heard youtubers talk about it, but for some reason I was that interested in trying it out until recently and thought, well I'll just give it a try.

I'm so glad that I did decide to try this because it is one of my favorite foundations to date! This product is really true to its name because it is very moussey in texture. I've never used a foundation with this sort of consistency before, but its so unique that its multi-purpose in its use. You can apply it with your fingers, a beauty sponge etc and it still maintains its integrity.

I was also very surprised by how flawless this foundation looks on the skin. Its almost like having airbrushed skin! Its a medium coverage foundation but its easily buildable. It also wears really well throughout the day. It really is my new favorite foundation. The only problem I have with this mousse  is that the product runs out really quickly.

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor:

I've been seeing this lippie a lot as well so I really wanted to try it. So there's a couple of things to note about this product. One is that this lippie says that its matte, but it is NOT MATTE. I have a really big pet peeve with brands calling their products matte because if it has even a hint of shimmer, then it IS NOT MATTE!!! Stop calling products matte that aren't! The literal definition of matte is: "having a surface that is not shiny." That is definitely not this product.

However, that annoying part aside, this is a really great moisturizing liquid lipstick that has a hint of a shimmer and wears nicely and it smells like vanilla. This shade is a really pretty peachy color which is perfect for summer.

Milani Prime Shield:

I'm really picky about my primers because I always hope I can find one that makes my foundation super smooth looking and flawless and helps my foundation to last throughout the day.

This primer by Milani, is not that different from a lot of other primers on the market. The texture is similar to the ones that have silicone in them, but slightly less thick. It also takes a lot of this product to cover the face, so it doesn't last long. I also noticed throughout the day that it didn't help my foundation last that much longer than wearing without primer.

Like, I said before, this is just a typical primer.....nothing too special about it. Would I go out of my way to purchase it again? Probably not.

Rimmel Born This Way Brow Styling Gel W/ Argan Oil:

I have very crazy eyebrows that have a mind of their own so it's really important to have a product that can tame them. I'm really picky when it comes to brow products though. I absolutely do not like powders to fill in my brows, I will typically use some sort of cream or pencil. I also don't like using gels that are tinted to tame my brows because I feel like it changes the color of original product I put on. Idk.....I'm weird.

Anywho, I have been on the hunt for a good brow gel to keep my wild eyebrows in check so when I saw this rimmel one, I thought I would give it a try. What I love about this product is that it's clear and seems to really condition my brows which makes sense given that it is infused with argan oil.  However, I wish there was more product in the tube because it doesn't seem like there is much in there. Other than that I love this product and think its great for taming wild eyebrows.

Maybelline Brow Precise Micro Pencil:

Since I'm on the topic of brows, like I said before, I'm really picky about what products I use for my brows. My favorite brow products tend to be the Anastasia Beverly Hills dip brow or the Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil, and since I'm super picky about my brow products, I've been a little reluctant to try any drugstore ones, but when I was there recently I thought I might as well give a try.

To my surprise, I actually really like this pencil. I would even go as far as to say that it just as good as the Benefit one. The tip is really fine which makes it easier to draw a real line or for using hairlike strokes. It also has a spoolie on the end which is essential for a brow product. I really like the ease of use for this product but I'm very disappointed by how much product they give you. I ran out of product WAY too quickly! As long as the pencil is, there should be enough product to not run out so quickly. Overall, it's a good product just need to make it last longer!

Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink:

So, in my last beauty finds post I talked about this new matte liquid lipstick from maybelline and fell in love with the formula. I still stand by that statement, but when I tried these two other shades, the formula seemed very different from the darker shade. These shades were a lot stickier and felt really heavy on the lips. Of course they did last throughout the day without budging and were beautiful colors, but they just weren't comfortable to wear at all.

I'm not sure if they used a different formula with these lighter shades, but they definitely feel different. If your the type of person who stays away from really heavy liquid lipsticks and like for your liquid lipsticks to be comfortable, then I wouldn't suggest buying these. However, if your more concerned with a liquid lipstick that lasts all day, then I would definitely try these.

Maybelline Fairy Highlight Illuminating Powder:

So, I'm obsessed with highlighter like everyone else but when you combine that with a fairy/magic/unicorn amazingness.........I DIE!!!!! I love anything super bright and colorful and unique so this fairy highlighter from maybelline is one of my new faves.

It can be worn with the full rainbow if your going for a dramatic look or you can mix all the colors together and get a really pearlescent purple color. It's also buildable so you don't have to worry about accidentally using too much product. I really don't have anything bad to say about this product because it does exactly as the way its described. GET YOU SOME MAGIC IN YO LIFE!!!!

L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer:

Last but definitely not least, I picked up this concealer from L.A. Girl. I had been meaning to try this for awhile but couldn't find it in any of my local drugstores, but then I saw it on sale on Amazon and I was like YES PLEASE! A good concealer can sometimes be hard to come by. Sure, there's the instant age rewind concealer or shape tape, but they're not exactly cheap. L.A. Girl however is an affordable brand for anybody's budget so I new I had to try theirs out.

I accidentally got a shade too dark for my skin tone but that aside, I really like this product. The applicator is great because it dispenses the perfect amount of product and blends really well and doesn't crease at all. I wore it for an entire day, and it didn't move by hour 8 and dare I say looked better the more that time went on!

It's seriously become my fave out of all of them, especially at its price point! If your ever in the need for a good, affordable concealer, this is the one you would want to go with!


Products Mentioned:


What drugstore products have you been loving lately?



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent

>recentposts

Random

>randomposts